Frequently Asked Questions
I have just subscribed to the Aikido Journal Members Site or purchased a product. How do I login to access my content?
● First go to http://members.aikidojournal.com
● Find the “Members Login” box on the right side bar
● Enter your email address [the one you used to set up your subscription]
● Enter your password: “changethis” (without quotes) is the default, or other password if you have changed it.
How do I change my password or make other changes to my profile information?
In order to change your password or make other changes to my profile information, please proceed as follows:
● log in using your email and current password
● after login, click on the “My Account” link on the navigation bar on your upper left
● scroll down to the bottom of the page to the “Profile Information” section
● enter your new password in the “Password” field
● repeat your new password in the “Repeat Password” field
● proceed in the same manner to make changes to other fields in your profile
● click on the “Update” button at the bottom to save your changes
I just purchased a downloadable product. How do I access my content?
In order to retrieve your content, please proceed as follows:
● after logging in, click on the “My Account” link on the navigation bar on your upper left
● scroll down the page until you find the name of the product(s) you have purchased
● left click on the link to go to the protected download page
● on the download page, you will now be able to download your content to your computer by right clicking on the link
What is the difference between a “free subscriber” and a “paid subscriber?
“Free subscribers” are entitled to view those free materials accessible to the general public. At the present time, hundreds of articles, interviews, videos, encyclopedia entries, and downloads are available for free. All it takes to gain access to the Aikido Journal Members Site is to submit your name and email address. You may sign up here.
“Paid subscribers” have purchased a full membership and have access to all documents available on the Aikido Journal Members Site. One or two-year subscriptions are available here.
When I try to log in, the system doesn’t allow me to do so. I keep getting prompted to log in again.
One possibility is that you have registered two separate accounts under different email addresses. Be sure that you are attempting to log in with the correct user name and password.
If you are still having problems logging in, this is probably a browser caching issue. Trying pressing shift+F5 or F5 to clear your browser’s cache. You may have to do this several times to get it to work.
You should also exit your browser, and make sure that it requests a Member Login when you try logging in again.
You may have more than one instance of the browser from which you have tried to login. Be sure to have only one browser and tab open, otherwise it may not be possible to log in and log out.
I am having difficulty downloading a large video file to my device. What should I do?
The download links for files are created on the fly and have a short life span for security purposes. Since the files are large, in some cases when you try to download the next file in a series, the link has already expired or your login has timed out. The remedy to this problem is simple.
You can generate a new code to replace an expired one by simply refreshing the page. In most browsers, this is accomplished by pressing the F5 key or Ctrl + F5.
Next, right-click and choose “save as,” “save link as,” or “save target as” to download the video to your device.
* If you are using Internet Explorer or a Mac computer or device, you may need to “Copy the link location” and paste it in your browser to begin the download.
I am trying to watch a video from a course I have purchased, but when I try to play it nothing happens. What do I do?
This is likely similar to the above problem when the window containing the video has been open for some time and the temporary link has expired.
You can generate a new “fresh” code to replace an expired one by simply refreshing the page. In most browsers, this is accomplished by pressing the F5 key or Ctrl + F5.
I am not able to view your videos on my Mac device, iPad, etc. What do I do?
To stream flash videos on Mac devices, please install this app: http://www.puffinbrowser.com/index.php