Hiroshi Isoyama: “There were many wrestlers and
boxers who came to make fun of what we were doing!”
“When I tried to do koshinage on some of the taller men I found that they could just step over me; no matter how I tried the technique, I couldn’t manage to throw them because the height difference…”
Aikido Journal Number 119, Spring 2000
● Editorial – Aikido: A Restatement of Universal Truths, by Stanley Pranin
● Letters and Threads
● Interview with Hiroshi Isoyama, 8th dan, by Stanley Pranin
● My Career in Yanagi-ryu Aiki Jiu Jitsu, by Don Angier
● Takemusu Aiki (4), by Morihei Ueshiba
● Interview with Mariye Takahashi (1), by Stanley Pranin
● Everything in Black and White, by David Lynch
● Interview with Walther von Krenner, by Stanley Pranin
● Aikido and Independence, by Peter Goldsbury
● Takemusu Aikido — Yokomenuchi yonkyo omotewaza, by Morihiro Saito
● Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu Takumakai — Hijinobashi Aiki, by Takeshi Kawabe & Hakaru Mori
● O-Sensei’s Songs of the Way, by Seiseki Abe
● Virtue of the Sword, by James Williams
● Heard in the Dojo
Note: The Table of Contents of this PDF file features clickable links. From the “Contents” page, simply click on the article title you would like to access to be taken immediately to the relevant page in the magazine.
Aikido Journal on DVD: “Chronicling Aikido’s Birth and Evolution!
Aikido Journal is now offering a DVD containing PDF versions of all 119 issues of Aiki News / Aikido Journal. This complete collection of magazines includes more than 4,300 pages, hundreds of articles and interviews, and thousands of images. In addition, there are bonuses featuring a PDF of Stanley Pranin’s “Encyclopedia of Aikido”, and a 4-hour audio lecture. This resource will keep every serious aikidoka busy for many months. But there is something more we would like to share with our readers to complement this information-packed DVD… Purchasers of the back issues DVD in physical or downloadable format will also receive a complimentary one-year subscription to the Aikido Journal Members Site. This offer for both the DVD and free 1-year subscription is $29.95 through Sunday, February 17.
* Note: a shipping & handling charge will be added for DVDs mailed to customers. There is no additional charge for those ordering the DVD in downloadable format.